4 LändergiroVisit four Alpine countries in one tour, climb the famous Italian trilogy and discover other mythical Grand Cols.FROM BLUDENZ TO BLUDENZServus! Can't decide which country will be your next cycling destination? In the 4 Ländergiro (4LG) you don't have to...
Across the Alps North
Conquer the Grand Cols of the northern French Alps
and cycle on roads where the pros went before you.
FROM ANNECY TO ANNECY
Salut mes amis, ciao ragazzi! Across the Alps North is a stage tour through the northern French Alps with a little visit to Italy. We start and finish in Annecy, a French Alpine town on the shore of the famous lake of the same name. In a prologue and six stages, you cycle through breathtaking landscapes where a lot of Tour history has been written. We check off the following Grand Cols, among others: Col de la Madeleine, Col du Glandon, l’Alpe d’Huez, Col du Lautaret, Col du Galibier, Col du Mont-Cenis and Col de l’Iseran. If you choose the black routes, you will cover 715 kilometres and conquer 18,000 metres altitude. The red routes are more friendly; 700 kilometres and 17,500 metres altitude. Whatever routes you choose, make sure you are well trained and bring some climbing experience to the start!
Prologue + 6
best time of year
Red routes: 700
Red routes: 17,500
FROM ANNECY TO LE BOURG-D’OISANS
We start in Annecy, the cozy capital of the Haute Savoie department. On day one we complete a prologue around Lac d’Annecy. Then we ride in two stages to the famous cycling village of Le Bourg-d’Oisans. Along the way we climb four challenging cols, including Col de la Madeleine (1,993 metres) and Col du Glandon (1,924 metres). The Madeleine is a long, heavy col where the cows are in charge. In the 2002 Tour de France, Michael Boogerd was the first to reach the top on his way to victory at La Plagne. Cycling history for the Dutch! You should not underestimate Col du Glandon; the finale is steep! The descent to Lac du Verney is beautiful. Please don’t try to imitate Tom Pidcock!
‘Enjoy breathtaking landscapes where Tour history was written.’
21 VIRAGES AND ITALIA
From Le Bourg-d’Oisans we climb the famous ‘Dutch mountain’; Alpe d’Huez! The countless cycling stories that have been written on this Grand Col make the Alp a climb that every cyclist must check off, including you! Unfortunately, we have been waiting for many years for a successor to the many Dutch winners (Zoetemelk 2 times, Kuiper, Winnen 2 times, Rooks and Theunisse) on Alpe d’Huez. We continue our way with Col du Lautaret (2,057 metres) and Col du Galibier (2,648 metres). Then we pay Italy a little visit and climb the beautiful Col du Mont-Cenis (2,083 metres). This lesser-known climb, along the Lac du Mont-Cenis, is one of the absolute highlights of Across the Alps North!
TO GREAT HEIGHTS
The next highlight is the so-called roof of Across the Alps North; the majestic Col de l’Iseran. With an altitude of 2,770 metres, this is one of Europe’s highest cols. The beautiful climb and the gentle descent take almost 80 kilometers! Egan Bernal was the first to reach the top in 2019 Tour stage that was unexpectedly canceled during the race due to mudslides. That’s how he won the Tour and not Kruijswijk (or Thomas). Via Bourg-Saint-Maurice we set course for Annecy. Along the way we conquer Col de Aravis (1,487 metres) – a well-known intermediate pass that has been in La Grande Boucle 40 times – and Col de la Croix Fry (1,477 metres). When we see Lac d’Annecy sparkling in the sun, we have almost completed our ordeal!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
The price includes:
- Hotel accommodation in nice, cycle-friendly hotels (minimum 3 stars) on the route (double room, 7 nights)
- Breakfast (7 times) and dinner (7 times)
- Participation in the stages prepared by Grand Cols Cycling Tours (prologue on the day of arrival and 6 stages)
- Professional, digital road book with all relevant route information
- GPX files for uploading routes to navigation devices
- Picnic lunch, coffee stop with good coffee and sports nutrition (sports drink, water, bars, etc.) during the stages
- Support during the stages with a support car, for example: handing over clothing and carrying out minor repairs
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- The use of a bicycle pump, lubricant and bicycle tools
- Grand Cols Cycling Tours cycling jersey (contact us if you would like to design a custom jersey)
- Participation in the VZR guarantee scheme
The price does not include:
– The outward journey to the starting location and the return journey from the finish location
– Personal insurance, such as travel and cancellation insurance
– Drinks during the dinners
– Equipment (you participate with your own equipment, such as: bike, helmet and clothing)
- Upgrade to a single room € 210, –
- Additional overnight stay (without dinner) before the start of the cycling tour (double room): € 100, –
- Commonly used spare parts, such as: tyres, cleats and batteries (at cost price)
Anything else? Let us know!
Want to know more?
Discover Across the Alps – north
Are you interested in this cycling tour? Request more information without obligation.
A SELECTION OF OUR CYCLING TOURS
Take up the challenge and discover the most beautiful Grand Cols with us.
A Travers les VosgesLook closer to home and climb all the famous Vosges cols and balloons, that you know from the Tour de France, in one tour. FROM FOUDAY TO FOUDAYSalute! Are you looking for a challenge in spring while the cols in the high mountains are still closed?...
CUSTOM CYCLING TOUR Your favorite Grand Cols, our destination?FROM VILLAGE DÉPART TO VILLAGE D'ARRIVÉEBonjour! Ciao! ¡Hola! Or should we say servus? If you have just finished a great cycling adventure and are in danger of falling into a black hole, then it's about...