4 LändergiroVisit four Alpine countries in one tour, climb the famous Italian trilogy and discover other mythical Grand Cols.FROM BLUDENZ TO BLUDENZServus! Can't decide which country will be your next cycling destination? In the 4 Ländergiro (4LG) you don't have to...
Visit four Alpine countries in one tour, climb the famous Italian trilogy and discover other mythical Grand Cols.
FROM BLUDENZ TO BLUDENZ
Servus! Can’t decide which country will be your next cycling destination? In the 4 Ländergiro (4LG) you don’t have to choose; we visit four Alpine countries in one go! In 7 stages through beautiful mountain landscapes you cycle a total of 750 kilometres, climb 11 cols and conquer a total of 17,500 metres altitude. After this tour, you can tick off the following Grand Cols, among others: Bielerhöhe, Kaunertaler Gletscherstrasse, Passo dello Stelvio, Passo di Gavia, Passo del Mortirolo and Berninapass. Do you get excited reading these names, but do the statistics put you off? Then opt for the less demanding red routes; 725 kilometres, 8 cols and 15,500 metres altitude. This tour is for trained cyclists with climbing experience.
best time of year
Red routes 725
Red routes: 15,500
VORARLBERG AND TIROL
We start and finish in the Austrian mountain town of Bludenz, in Vorarlberg. Bludenz is located in the north of the Alps and is easily accessible by train. We have some serious work to do right away: the long climb to Bielerhöhe (2,037 metres) over the beautiful Silvretta Hochalpenstraße. Then we descend into Tirol where the majestic Kaunertaler Gletscherstraße awaits us. This climb, to 2,743 metres, is one of the most beautiful and challenging Grand Cols in Europe. Muß mit! Austria unfortunately does not have much memorable cycling history but the beauty of the cols more than makes up for this. Austria will enchant you, that’s a promise!
‘In the 4 Ländergiro you don’t have to choose;
we cross four Alpine countries in one go!’
THE ITALIAN TRILOGY WITH THE CIMA COPPI
Ciao tutti! In Italy we more than make up for Austria’s lack of cycling history with the Stelvio, Gavia, Mortirolo trilogy! The Passo dello Stelvio (2,757 metres), with it’s 48 famous tornanti, is Italy’s and this 4LG’s Cima Coppi. In the 2012 Giro d’Italia, Thomas de Gendt won on this legendary col from Bormio (the other flank). This en passant secured him a podium place in the GC! The rugged Passo di Gavia (2,618 metres) is most notorious for the hellish snow stage in 1988. Van der Velde came up first, but Breukink won the stage. On the Passo del Mortirolo (1,857 metres) the Dutch Kruijswijk and Bouwman, among others, once reached the top first. Pantani did this before them, earning him a monument along the road.
SWITZERLAND AND LIECHTENSTEIN
The next part of the 4LG mainly takes place in Switzerland. We cycle from Italy over the Berninapass (2,323 metres) into Switzerland, regularly crossing the Bernina Express railway line along the way. Beware! At the top of the col is the famous Ospizio Bernina, which now serves as a hotel. The Swiss Grand Cols, of course, regularly form the backdrop of the Tour of Switzerland, also known as the fourth grand tour, and are not inferior to the cols in France and Italy in terms of beauty and challenge. Among others, we climb the Lenzerheidepass (1,551 metres) and cycle through Liechtenstein back to Austria. After a final col in Vorarlberg our 4 Ländergiro is complete.
What's included in the price?
The price includes:
- Hotel accommodation in nice, cycle-friendly hotels (minimum 3 stars) on the route (double room, 8 nights)
- Breakfast (7 times) and dinner (7 times – the first evening we do not dine together as arrival times differ) )
- Participation in the stages prepared by Grand Cols Cycling Tours (7 stages)
- Professional, digital road book with all relevant route information
- GPX files for uploading routes to navigation devices
- Picnic lunch, coffee stop with good coffee and sports nutrition (sports drink, water, bars, etc.) during the stages
- Support during the stages with a support car, for example: handing over clothing and carrying out minor repairs
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- The use of a bicycle pump, lubricant and bicycle tools
- Grand Cols Cycling Tours cycling jersey (contact us if you would like to design a custom jersey)
- Participation in the VZR guarantee scheme
The price does not include:
– The outward journey to the starting location and the return journey from the finish location
– Personal insurance, such as travel and cancellation insurance
– Drinks during the dinners
– Equipment (you participate with your own equipment, such as: bike, helmet and clothing)
- Upgrade to a single room € 250, –
- Additional overnight stay (without dinner) before the start of the cycling tour (double room): € 100, –
- Commonly used spare parts, such as: tyres, cleats and batteries (at cost price)
Anything else? Let us know!
Want to know more?
Discover the 4 LÄndergiro
Are you interested in this cycling tour? Request more information without obligation.
A SELECTION OF OUR CYCLING TOURS
Take up the challenge and discover the most beautiful Grand Cols with us.
A Travers les VosgesLook closer to home and climb all the famous Vosges cols and balloons, that you know from the Tour de France, in one tour. FROM FOUDAY TO FOUDAYSalute! Are you looking for a challenge in spring while the cols in the high mountains are still closed?...
CUSTOM CYCLING TOUR Your favorite Grand Cols, our destination?FROM VILLAGE DÉPART TO VILLAGE D'ARRIVÉEBonjour! Ciao! ¡Hola! Or should we say servus? If you have just finished a great cycling adventure and are in danger of falling into a black hole, then it's about...